We are holding open auditions for our All Female-Twelfth Night co-production with The Company OnStage, Inc. directed by Christine Weems.
Performance Dates: Fridays and Saturdays, Jun. 19, 20, 26, 27, Jul. 3, 4, 10, 11, 2020@ 8:00 p.m., Sunday, July 5, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. at Company Onstage, 4930 West Bellfort, Houston, TX 77035
We need approximately 12-14 female identifying performers.
Are you interested in showing us your stuff? Here is what you need to know to schedule your audition time.
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line - "Twelfth Night Auditions"
2. Include the following information in your email:
Which day you would like to attend?
Attach Headshot (file name should have your name in it)*
Attach Resume (file name should have your name in it)**
*The headshot maybe a recent photo
**The resume can be a list of past theater experience. No experience - No worries. Come out and show us your stuff.
The auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. We will accept walk-ins and they will be worked in around the scheduled auditions.
Can’t make the audition times? Contact us at email@example.com to learn how to submit a video audition.
Character Breakdown - All parts are open.
1) Duke Orsino (30s - 40s) - a nobleman very much in love with the idea of being in love and smitten with Viola - also plays Second Officer
2) Curio (any age) - servant to Duke Orsino - also plays First Officer who arrests Antonio with Second Officer at the behest of the Duke
3) Valentine (20s - 30s) - servant to Duke Orsino - also plays Antonio, a sailor who rescues Sebastian and then befriends him, loyal
4) Viola (20s - 30s) - fiercely intelligent, a survivor who is forced to suppress her emotions to play a boy
5) Captain (40s - 60s) - rescues Viola from a shipwreck, also plays Malvolio who is a puritanical controlling killjoy that is the steward of Olivia’s house, also plays the Priest who marries people in a Shakespeare play
6) Sir Toby Belch (40s - 60s) - Olivia’s drunk, carousing and prankish uncle
7) Maria (30s - 60s) - Olivia’s maid, witty, cheeky, has fun plotting against Malvolio to embarrass him
8) Sir Andrew (30s - 60s) - nobleman wanting to woo Olivia, cohort to Sir Toby
9) Olivia (20s - 30s) - mourning the death of her brother, but has a sexual awakening when she falls in love with Cesario/Viola playing a boy
10) Clown (any age) - witty fool, must be comfortable singing acapella (most likely one hit wonders)
11) Sebastian (20s - 30s) - twin brother to Viola, a romantic at heart (possibly to be played by the same actor who plays Viola)
12) Fabian (30s - 40s) - member of Olivia’s household, out of favor with Malvolio, a bit of a prankster
Want to be the first to find out about our auditions? Sign up for our Audition List below.